Looking to buy a dog bandana for your furry friend? Not sure what size bandana for dog to choose? Check out our dog bandana size chart! We'll show you how to measure your dog's neck and then find the corresponding size on the chart. This will ensure that you get the perfect fit for your dog!
Dog Neck Sizes
To start, you'll need to measure your dog's neck. The best way to do this is to use a flexible tape measure. If you don't have a flexible tape measure, you can use a piece of string or ribbon and then measure it with a ruler. Once you have your dog's neck measurement, simply match it up with the corresponding size on the dog bandana size chart.
Dog's neck is easy to measure - you can use just about anything from a ribbon or a string, to a collar you already have. Just make sure it's not too tight and restraining, you should be able to fit at least two fingers under the measuring device. Dog bandana sizes will typically fall in the same range as the collar or go even a little bigger if you plan to use the bandana over a collar.
If your dog falls in between two sizes on the dog banana sizing chart, we recommend choosing the larger size. This will ensure that the bandana will be comfortable for your dog to wear and that it won't slip off easily.
Small Dog Bandana Size
If you have a small breed, follow the chart above. In our chart, you will find dimensions for a dog bandana that's perfect for your pup. We developed two carefully designed dog bandana sizes: small and large, that will fit most breeds of dogs.
Our small bandanas measure 17.5x17.5x25.5 inches and fit necks up to 19"
When it comes to choosing bandanas for growing dogs, there are a few things to consider. If you still have a puppy, always "budget" for a size up - the chances are if you pick a size that's just right, your puppy will grow out of it within weeks. If you're looking for a dog bandana that will grow with your pup, choose one of our large bandanas.
Large Dog Bandana Size
If you have a big baby - we know your struggles! So many brands don't make bandana sizes that fit. At BARKLOOM, we believe every dog deserves trendy accessories and to feel comfortable wearing them. That's why our size Large fits necks up to 25" - tested by our 85-lbs German Shepherd Cazador aka BARKLOOM Product Director!
Wearing a Dog Bandana (Yup, There are Rules To It!:)
Now that you know how to choose the right size dog bandana, let's talk about how to wear one. There is actually a correct way to put a bandana on your pup!
- First, take the bandana and choose which way you want to put it on your pup.
- BARKLOOM bandanas come in a triangle shape - so no need for folding and double-layering!
- Then, find the logo (most bandanas have a logo to indicate the front).
- If you plan to put a collar on your dog, do it before tying the bandana.
- Now, simply tie it around your dog's neck.
- Make sure the bandana is tied snugly but not too tight - you should be able to fit two fingers under the bandana, over the collar.
- Remember not to tie anything to your dog's bandana - like poop bag holders, keys, or leash. Unlike a collar, the bandana is knotted and can easily become too snug and suffocate the pup.
- If it's really hot outside, either don't put any clothes or accessories on your pup at all to help them cool or put on a wet bandana and spray it with water every time it dries - it might actually help your dog cool down and stay protected from the sun.
There you have it! Now you know everything there is to know about choosing the right size dog bandana for your pup. Follow our dog bandana size chart and guide and you'll be sure to find the perfect fit for your furry friend!
BARKLOOM Dog Bandanas
Once you've found the perfect fit for your dog, it's time to choose a style! All of our bandanas come in different colors and patterns so you can find the perfect one for your pup's personality.
If you're ever unsure about what size or style to choose, feel free to reach out to us - we're always happy to help!